Want to know how to rank higher on Google and other search engines? There are a range of factors that contribute to search engine optimisation (SEO), which make your website more visible and ranking higher. Improving visibility and ranking are the focuses of SEO and in turn will get more users to your site. There are a vast range of tactics you can implement that focus on each of the relevant SEO factors. Here at Appifany, we'll have you ranking higher on Google in no time.
The relevant factors to consider are in relation to:
Special Google algorithms
Let's go through the key SEO Tactics for 2020...
What are domain factors?
1. Keyword As First Word in Domain: A domain that starts with their target keyword has an edge over sites that either don’t have that keyword in their domain (or have the keyword in the middle or end of their domain).
2 Keyword in Subdomain: Moz’s expert panel agrees that a keyword appearing in the subdomain can boost rankings.
3. Domain History: A site with volatile ownership or several drops may tell Google to “reset” the site’s history, negating links pointing to the domain.
4. Country TLD extension: Having a Country Code Top Level Domain (.cn, .pt, .ca) can help the site rank for that particular country… but it can limit the site’s ability to rank globally.
What are page-level factors?
5. Keyword in Title Tag: Your title tag is an important on-page SEO signal, as it ...
6. Title Tag Starts with Keyword: According to Moz , title tags that starts with a keyword tend to perform better than title tags with the keyword towards the end of the tag.
7. Keyword in Description Tag: Google doesn’t use the meta description tag as a direct ranking signal. However, your description tag can impact click-through-rate, which is a key ranking factor.